As I’ve already elaborated in my acceptance of previous blogging awards, it’s simply rewarding to be recognized by fellow bloggers, and the dialogue the awards create are also fun. So for that I would like to thank Angie & Bad Analogies (what a name!) nominating me for the Liebster Award. Check out her site. there are some good analogies and fine poetry, and lots of food for thought.
So here are the rules:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer the 11 questions the blogger gives you.
3. Give 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Notify those blogs of the nomination.
6. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Here are the questions I was asked:
Reflecting on your blog, how has it impacted your life and perspective?
I don’t think blogging really impacted my life in a significant way. It did help me express thoughts and ideas that I would’ve probably never written down, and it also gave me the opportunity to read some other talented writers; but I don’t think that changed my life much. My perspective on the world and people, however, was very impacted. I came across people from tens [or hundreds] of different cultures, countries, religions and backgrounds, and by reading their writings I learned so much, and fr that I’m forever grateful.
Do you believe in superstitions?
No. Very much not.
What’s your favorite quote?
“Our Gratziano speaks an infinite amount of nothing,
more than any man in all of Venice.
His main point is like two grains of wheat, hid in two bushels of chaff:
There you must seek all day ere you find them,
And when you have them, they’re not worth the search. ” William Shakespeare
How do you or others perceive your personality?
You’d probably have to ask them. But a big misconception people have about me is that I’m an extrovert. The truth is, I’m a miserable introvert.
Pick a book, movie or celebrity you find over or underrated.
Bo Jackson. His amazing career was sadly cut short because of his hip replacement, and thus never reached the heights he was capable of reaching. He was probably the greatest athlete in American history.
Who is the most important person in your life? (This could also be yourself!)
I don’t really know. In certain ways my mother.
Which piece or post is your favorite and why? (Feel free to link it below!)
Flying and Falling is one of my favorites, because it tells a few stories at once. And they’re nice stories.
What is your opinion on our idea of love today? How has it changed (or not changed) from how we defined love in the past?
I’m told love is more superficial and disposable today than it used to be. From what I understand it sounds right.
Cereal before milk or after?
Which habits do you wish you or others would break?
What did you like or dislike about growing up?
I like my childhood, I was very free and grew up in a good neighborhood with a lot of partners in crime. Now, looking back, I would probably want to go to a school where I would learn more. But frankly, then, I wasn’t really in the mood of learning a word.
11 Random Facts about myself
- Don’t play any instruments
- Don’t play any sports
- In a love-hate relationship with Alexander the Great
- Love cemeteries. The sight of all the graves makes me feel very alive.
- Despise public gatherings.
- Don’t like hot food.
- Like the smell of fish stores and gas stations.
- Listen to the radio in Arabic, even if i don’t understand.
- I can have a stretch of a few weeks where I don’t leave my house at all.
- I’m obsessed with “The Alchemist”, I discovered many of life’s great secrets in that wonderful book. I shaped a lot of my outlooks on the world.
- Don’t have a pet
Here are my nominees, I highly recommend you check out their wonderful blogs:
Here are my 11 questions to you:
- What are you most afraid of?
- What are you most proud about yourself?
- If you can change something significant in your life, what would it be?
- What was he silliest thing you’ve done?
- You eat heavy breakfasts?
- If you need to do with less food or sleep which would you rather give up?
- If you can meet anyone that’s alive today, who would it be?
- Are you an extrovert or introvert?
- What is you best post (in your opinion) and why?
- Do you get drunk ever?
- What inspires you?
Thanks everyone for participating, and thanks Angie again for the wonderful award.